Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Sunflower Thanks


I wanted to send someone a thank you card last week, so I pulled out this Sunny Harvest stamp set from Power Poppy and colored it with Copic markers.  I was trying to go for a brown paper wrapper around the flowers, so I kept adding different brown colors until I thought it looked "brown paper-ish."  LOL!  Instead of the normal dark brown shadows underneath, I tried something different and added a blue shadow.  I think the blue really helps the yellow sunflowers pop out.  The sentiment is from the Glads and Gerberas stamp set, also from Power Poppy.

I'm entering this card into the Peep of the Week challenge over on the Power Poppy blog.  All you have to do is use a Power Poppy stamp and enter it into their challenge.  If you love flowers, you definitely need to check out the gorgeous stamps over at Power Poppy!  Enter into their challenges and you could be a Peep of the Week, and you could win a free stamp set as well!  :-)



5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

This is lovely Holly, the papers are perfect for the sunflowers and you’ve done some great colouring here!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous colouring on this awesome stamp. Love the matching DP.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Holly!! Love how you laid the sunflowers down, and your brown paper wrap is perfect! Beautiful coloring of the sunflowers too! Thanks so much for joining our Power Peeps challenge this week!

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely beautiful Holly! I love the warm, rich color palette and your image is so beautifully shaded and colored! Thanks for joining us this week at Power Poppy!

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, Holly! I saw this gorgeous, rich, sunny card was a Peep of the Week winner! Congrats! Sorry I didn't see it sooner. I've been off my game this week. Keep on playing! I love seeing your cards in the PP challenges!